Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 in review

I did more charity work/philanthropy than ever before. Partially in part with my Amazing new company. We went Gleaning with Nuviva. I raised money for Breast Cancer Research. I helped make meals for families in Orlando. We made Christmas bags for the homeless. We donated tons of our own belongings to the homeless. I participated in Movember  (no shave November ) and raised money for men's health. I participated in Jack in the Park, and helped raise money for special olympics. Etc etc ad nauseam.

I obviously landed an awesome new job, where I feel more appreciated and better rewarded than I ever have before. I think it may be the first step in an amazing career. 

My sons both grew, and started new schools. They remained the closest brothers I've ever known.

I started my weight loss journey with Nuviva and so far I've lost 35 lbs. I feel better about myself than I have in a very long time.

I got awesome new hair. Thanks Noelle!! 

I spent the summer visiting w friends and family on the Cape. 

I got married.

My mom told me she was diagnosed with cancer, and while I'd like to say she kicked it's ass I don't really feel comfortable getting my hopes up since she's started smoking again. 

I cut a lot of people out of my life. Like, a lot. But for the most part I feel that my load is lighter now and little has been lost.

We explored new places both near and far, and made memories that will last a lifetime.

I went to the Bahamas with our great friends, the Browns, who have become our "Florida family"

We went camping/to six flags and went camping in Daytona Beach.

My husband and I went to Niagara Falls both for the first time, on our honeymoon.

We spent a lot of time at Disney World, and a little at Universal.

We buried the hatchet with Johns parents. I learned a lot above forgiveness, and moving on.

We had our first family themed Halloween costumes.

I cooked an epic thanksgiving dinner, if I do say so myself.

We celebrated an awesome winter holiday season. 

Here's hoping 2016 is as good as 2015 if not better!


















No comments:

Post a Comment