Monday, March 7, 2016

Some of My Favorite Quotes from Firefly (the best television show ever) and Serenity

YOU CAN'T STOP THE SIGNAL!!!!

So I don't know if y'all are aware, but Firefly is just about my favorite show on the planet. I've rewatched the one and only existing season so many times I have it pretty much committed to memory. So, from my personal database enjoy my favorite quotes:

Mal: "Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that."

River: "I can kill you with my mind."

Mal to Jayne: "Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Wash: "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal."

Jayne: "Let's go be bad guys!"

Jayne: "Ten percent of nothin' is ... let me do the math here ... nothin' into nothin' ... carry the nothin' ... "

Mal: "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Mal: "If you can't run, you walk, and if you can't walk you crawl, and if you can't crawl... if you can't do that, then you find somebody to carry you."

Jayne: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge here."

Jayne: See, I married me a powerful ugly creature.
Mal: [in disguise in a dress and large bonnet] How can you say that? How can you shame me in front of new people?
Jayne: If I could make you purtier, I would.
Mal: [gasps] You are not the man I met a year ago.

Shepherd Book: "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

Mal: "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"

Zoe: "If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skin into their clothes ... and if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order."

Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, just ...you know ... shoot 'em. "
Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"
Mal: "Politely."

Wash: "I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself."

Mal: "Next time you want to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."

Shepherd Book: "Captain, you mind if I say grace?"
Mal: "Only if you say it out loud."

Wash: "Man walks down the street in a hat like that, you know he's not afraid of anything ... "

Mal: "You're welcome on my boat. God ain't."

Mal: "We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."

Mal: "We're not gonna die. We can't die. You know why? Because we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

Badger: "Crime and politics, little girl: the situation is always... fluid."
Jayne: "The only fluid I see here is the puddle of piss refusin' to pay us our wage."

Wash: "Can we maybe vote on the whole murdering people issue?"

Jayne: "Time for some thrilling heroics."

Mal: "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you."

Mal: "And I never back down from a fight."
Inara: "Yes, you do! You do all the time!"

Simon: "I'm very sorry if she tipped off anyone about your cunningly concealed herd of cows."


So what about you? What's your favorite quote from Firefly? Did I miss anything important? Use the comment box to let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Mal to Inara: So how's business? Inara to MAL: None of yours.

    ReplyDelete