Thursday, July 23, 2015

My 2 Cents on the Presidential Candidates

I'd like to say in opening, that the presidential elections are the least important elections you could possibly be voting in. That being said you're probably more likely to vote in them than smaller local elections for whatever reason so I guess it makes sense to share my viewpoints.

Firstly, I highly recommend going to isidewith and finding out which candidate you must strongly side with.

I took it today and got this result which was 81% Marco Rubio, 80% Rand Paul and 74% Bernie Sanders. Previously, I got 83% Bernie Sanders and 81% Rand Paul, so obviously my answers must have changed some since the last time I took it. Now this is NOT a voting guide. Don't just vote for the person you agree with the most automatically, but read through the descriptions to get a better idea of what the candidates are fighting for.

Personally, I will probably vote Rand Paul or Bernie Sanders. I haven't made up my mind yet. My personal isidewith let me know that I side with Libertarians on 83% of issues. Which, I already pretty much knew. If you haven't previously read my blog post on voting bipartisan I highly recommend doing so now, and educating yourself on why bipartisan voting is killing our country.

In case you don't know, some states require that you be registered to a specific political party in order to vote in the primaries. I live in one of those states. In Florida, I have to be a Republican to vote in the Republican primary or a Democrat to vote in the Democratic primary. Which means I need to figure out which way to change my independent registration pretty soon, and I'm struggling with it. I REALLY want Sanders to win the Democratic vote, and for Paul to win the Republican.

Why I love Bernie Sanders:

  • He doesn't support the Patriot Act.
  • He supports subsidizing US Farmers.
  • He wants to continue preserving our national parks.
  • He wants to allow terminally ill patients to end their lives via assisted suicide.
  • He's anti common-core.
  • He's pro marijuana legilization.
  • He says things like this:


Why I love Rand Paul:
  • We agree on illegal immigration for the most part. My stance is that illegal immigrants should be deported, but that it should be easier to attain citizenship. If you work here, pay taxes, speak English and aren't a criminal I think you should be able to gain citizenship here without too much hassle.
  • He also doesn't support the Patriot Act.
  • He doesn't support increased gun control.
  • He wants to take the government out of marriage.  So yes, that means he thinks same sex couples should get the same rights as everyone else, legally.
  • He too is anti- common core. 
  • He wants to decrease military spending.
  • He's pro marijuana-legalization.
  • And, he says things like this:



Why I don't like Jeb Bush:

  • He appointed a guardian for the fetus of a rape survivor.
  • He refused to veto a bill requiring single moms to publish their sexual history. 
  • He hired a staffer who publicly referred to women as "sluts"
  • Suggested that low income women should just "get their lives together and find a husband"
  • HE USED TAX PAYER MONEY TO FUND ANTI ABORTION CAMPAIGNS.
My opinion on Donald Trump:
  • His campaign slogan should be changed to Donald Trump 2016 FOR THE LOLZ.
  • His wife is really hot.
  • I follow his twitter and it makes me laugh. 
  • Since the president's most important role in government is to be a figurehead/public speaker I'm pretty sure he'd get us all killed.
  • His campaign is hilarious. He's essentially running his own smear campaign and it's working. Maybe Kim Kardashian should run for president next.
I can't talk to you about Hillary right now, because I was a Bill supporter and she's really messed up her credibility and I wanted to see a woman in the white house so bad and she's really killing my vibe.


So there you have it, my summation. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment