Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My first, sweetest love.

Gave Riley a hug a kiss goodnight and told him he was my first love, the best gift the universe ever gave me, and that he taught me how to love other people.




He responded that someone had to.

My heart grows so large with love for this boy.



Then as a follow-up he asked me if I needed his share of the phone bill, and I told him he didn't have to pay til next month cuz the phone was a birthday gift so he told me I'd already given him too much.
This boy, my oldest son, has spent the entire day telling me how much I do for him and how great of a mom I am and gently reassuring me every step of the way because he knew I was having a very hard day. He didn't ask for explanations, or pressure me to be happy. He just understood that today was a bad day and loved me any way.


9 years and 2 days ago the universe gave me something it knew I needed very very much. It brought to me my souls match and placed it in my son. I don't know what I would do without this child who is everything that I could ever ask for in a son.



Thank you Riley Jordan, for teaching me that my heart can love someone truly and deeply. And for pointing out the best in people. Thank you for never looking at others differences and instead always finding common ground and reasons to be friends, for being the "valiant descending dove" of my life and everyone else's.


No comments:

Post a Comment