Monday, October 28, 2019

Damnation

So now there comes a day
When its more than I can take.
Don’t be surprised as I say goodbye.
Lord, please, give me the strength
To do it well, and
Send him straight to hell
To sit in solace, and wait,
‘Til I come down, and
Stand by his side
To plead our dirty case.

I know he’s a crafty man
But please lord if you can
See through his conniving ways.
There is only bad
Inside this cad.
Just don’t let him get away.

Even after all his lies
I couldn’t hate him if I tried,
But its time to end his games.
I know if you could only see
All the things he did to me
He’d never make it thru the gates.

When we first met
He could hardly wait to get
His grubby hands all over me.
I was innocent and young,
Too naïve and dumb,
To see thru his deceit.

He hardly had to try
When he fed me all his lies
I fell for every line.
Though he’d stomp and pout
I wouldn’t put out
‘Til he promised to always be mine.

I thought it was wise
Not to compromise
But it was my greatest mistake.
All the promises he’d made
Had started to fade
Before we even cut the cake.

On our wedding day
He moved us far away.
I had fallen for his bait.
By the time I realized
The truth behind his lies
It was already far too late.

He moved us to a shack
Barely fit for the rats
And he rarely even tried to work.
Things would get bad
And he would get mad
Even worse once the bottle uncorked.

I waited alone
Until he got home
Each and every night.
He’d fall thru the door
Each time drunker than before
And hankering for a fight.

I shouldered the blame
Blanketed in shame
While he got drunk and stoned.
Even when he hit me
‘Til I could barely see
I’d never even cry or moan.

I cooked and I cleaned,
Even when he was mean,
I still broke my back for him.
I’d say I fell down
When I went into town
Nursing my broken limbs.

Gone for weeks at a time
He left me behind
Locked in that tiny house.
Starving to death
Pain heavy on my chest
I stayed quiet as a mouse.

Sometimes I’d cry
Other times just wished I’d die
To ease the pain and hurt.
He’d bring home girls
With dyed hair and curls
Treating each and everyone like dirt.

You can’t imagine my pain,
And I was so slain
I couldn’t gather up the might
To push him back
When he would attack.
I couldn’t even put up a fight.

Even when it’s strong
Love only lasts so long
I’m done making excuses for it.
As hard as it seems
It’s time to get mean.
I’m done being treated like shit.
So now it’s my turn.
I’ve finally learned
You’ve got to fight fire with fire.
I’ll get rid of him now.
It doesn’t matter how,
Even if I’m broken and tired.

He deserves this pain.
He’s the one who drove me insane.
He brought this upon himself.
Even if I’m earning
My own eternal burning
It can’t be worse than this hell.

So condemn him please.
Bring him to his knees.
You can punish me however you choose.
Even if in the end
I am also condemned
At least I’ve finally broken loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment