Monday, October 28, 2019

The Bastardization of Purity

Your words come down like rain,
A grammatic hurricane,
Caustic vocabulary,
Instigating rapturous paroxysms,
A cadence of undulation and oscillation,
In my once sepulchral Heart.

Enlighten me my darling, please,
What transpires next?
What vigor will remain?
What zest?
Will love dissipate with morning radiance,
And amplify the void in my Chest?

Maturity materializes meticulously,
Sultry touches mold my chaste Anatomy,
Like milkweed morphs the monarch.
Evolution consummated, blushing Beauty
Emerges, debauched by Lover’s lips,
And inveigled by Paramour.

Desire succumbs to desolation
As you desert my bed.
There’s no amount of restoration
To compensate the capacious malaise
Of your charmed masquerade
Which your inadvertence now betrays.

No comments:

Post a Comment