Saturday, July 11, 2015

Fallout Shelter Review

So, fallout shelter is my new favorite app ever since it's E3 announcement. So much so that I got an ios device just so I could play it. If that isn't a rave review I don't know what is, however, it does have some things it could improve on. So here goes my full in depth review. 

Summary: Fallout Shelter is a post-nuclear strategy and simulation experience that puts you in control of a state-of-the-art underground Vault. Build the perfect Vault from a variety of rooms, oversee your very own thriving community of Vault Dwellers, and protect them from the dangers of the Wasteland. Vault-Tec has provided the tools, but the rest is up to you.

It is literally endlessly engaging. I have 3 vaults going and I check on them all multiple times a day. It is super addictive. The fallout references and motifs have me laughing every time I log in.

The only thing I would change is I would like to have the ability to view the family tree of my dwellers. The newest update has added photo mode and addressed a previous issue with pregnancy.


Things to love

Have you ever wanted to have an antfarm, on your phone? This game fulfills that desire.
It is rewarding, challenging and has it's own form of depth that I didn't expect. It's ACTUALLY free. You can buy lunchboxes, but there is really no need to do so. You have to balance workers, by placing them in rooms that take advantage of their S.P.E.C.I.A.L skills while also rebuilding society by breeding your Charismatic dwellers. It takes 3 hours for a pregnant woman to give birth and another 3 for the child to age into an adult. 

You have to wait for your resources to generate, obviously, but you do have an option to speed up that process if you’re in dire need. And while most free-to-play games would use this as a money trap, Fallout Shelter sidesteps that by letting you use the rush option any time you want, but you have a certain probability of failure, which could lead to a fire or another mishap.

The only other thing I have to add is MAKE AN ANDROID VERSION BETHESDA

9/10



See below for funny screenshots of awesome gameplay moments:







Need to see more? Download the game here.

No comments:

Post a Comment