Thursday, August 26, 2021

Outsourcing is your new best friend

 Do you want to know a secret?

Come closer. Closer.
Ok.

I’m not that creative.
I cant draw. (Seriously it’s BAD)
My graphic design and video editing skills are rudimentary at best.
My musical skills haven’t been sharpened in atleast 10 years.

But I run a marketing agency. And you know what, I’m a kick ass marketer.
Do you know why?

Because I know I’m not that creative so I work with people who ARE. I build out teams who’s talents balance out my own for each project or client we take on. If I don’t have someone in house who I think is the right fit, I outsource.

The first time I built out my consulting business I tried to do everything and be everything for my clients, by myself. I got exhausted, took a job, and stopped consulting because I wasn’t grounded in my “unique ability”

This time I KNOW what I am best at, what energizes me, the stuff that gets me outta bed in the morning. I keep that. I consult directly to my clients on their strategy, brand, vision and mission. I take that back to my team. We collaborate and listen to each other, and we build the *right* tactics for THAT client. I still do a big chunk of the content writing, and own the content strategy. But I put down the things that were draining and aggravating me, permanently.

If you’re a leader you HAVE to do this. Or you’ll never meet your full potential. You’ll burn out.

Find people you can trust who’s talents are not the same as yours, then ACTUALLY TRUST THEM to run their ish. Give them the things they say they need, after all they’re the experts.

One of the key pieces to this was acknowledging that I’m not an expert about everything and there are others who are more experienced than myself at many, many things. I wouldn’t perform open heart surgery on myself and I shouldn’t be in charge of technical SEO,

No comments:

Post a Comment