Thursday, August 26, 2021

Life is about more than money

 People ask a lot about “what you want to be” and I know they’re asking about my career. While my career has brought me joy and a sense of accomplishment it is the smallest portion of what I want to be.


I want to be the safest, warmest place for my children. I want to be their shelter from the storm. I want to be the person they trust most in the world.

I want to be a steadfast and reliable friend. I want to be the type of person you’re confident will show up for you when you’re down. I want to be the one my friends are comfortable coming to when they need help.

I want to put smiles on my loved ones faces. I want to be my mother's empathy. I want to be her morality. I want to be my father's strength. I want to be my grandfather's wisdom and brilliance and my nana's sweetness and levity. I want to be the warmth of my grandma's home cooking and the resilience of my grandpa.

I want to be happy. I want to be loved. I want to be compassionate. I want to be an advocate. I want to facilitate change. I want to make a difference.

I want to be so much more than what I do for money.

This year, I'm making what I do for money about who I really am, and who I want to be.

I'm not looking back

No comments:

Post a Comment